This week sickness snuck its way into our home. With the sniffles and fatigue I've been feeling the need for comfort. It's important though that with eating comforting foods, I'm not introducing more inflammation into my body when it needs healing most.
Cue these healthy whole food muffins! They're full of potassium rich bananas, antioxidant packed blubes, fiber filled oats, protein from Greek yogurt, and just a hint of sweetness from honey.
I've been having 2 in the mornings with some peanut butter, because who would I be if I didn't eat PB every damn day?! It's been hitting the spot.
Servings: 12-15 muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup honey
2 ripened mashed bananas
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch ground nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1.5 cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin or grease with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
2. Add melted coconut oil and honey to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together.
3. Add eggs and Greek yogurt. Mix together until very well combined.
4. Add the 2 mashed bananas, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined.
5. Add flour and oats then stir until just combined.
6. Fold berries (1.5 cups) in to mixture.
7. Fill each cup in the muffin tin evenly with mixture.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and hashtag it #katalystliving.
I love seeing your creations!