It's cooling down for real around these parts; I saw the first snowflake of the season earlier today!
When it gets chilly outside, all I want to eat are warming foods just like this incredibly delicious and creamy chickpea curry.
It's a one-pot wonder, is ready in 30 minutes or less, and will make even curry-suspicious eaters happy. This meal works great for lunch or dinner, and is something you can count on to fill your belly with happiness.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
2 Tbs coconut oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
14oz can diced tomatoes
2 cups baby spinach
15oz can chickpeas, drained + rinsed
13.5oz canned coconut milk, reduced fat
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 Tbs garam masala
2 tsp flour, any kind
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1 small lime, juiced
sea salt + ground black pepper to taste
Rice or naan bread, and cilantro for topping
1. In a deep pot over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil.
2. Add in the onions and tomatoes. Grind some sea salt and ground black pepper over the mixture and stir together. Lower heat to medium and allow to cook down until juices of the
tomatoes are naturally released and onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Add in the spinach and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add in the chickpeas, garlic, garam masala, curry powder and cumin. Stir to combine.
5. Add in the coconut milk and stir again. Add in the flour which helps to slightly thicken the curry. Bring the curry to a boil, and then reduce to medium-low so that the mixture continues to simmer for 10 to 12 more minutes.
6. Taste the curry and season with salt and pepper if you desire. Remove the curry from the heat and squeeze the juice from 1 lime over the top of the curry, stirring to combine. Allow to cool slightly and then serve with rice or bread. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and hashtag it #katalystliving.
I love seeing your creations!